Dust Mite Protection
Protection against dust mites and microbes for carpets
Fields of application:
- Textile floor coverings.
- Application is possible on all common types of fibres and fabrics except pure
polypropylene. Examples: Carpets, rugs, needle felts.
Mode of action and advantages:
- Substrates protected with Intec DMP are noted for their proven, outstanding skin
tolerance and are safe to man and environment.
- Intec DMP has a reliable fungi- and bacteriostatic effect against a large number of grampositive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast and fungi as well as an acarostatic effect
against dust mites.
- Due to the effectiveness of Intec DMP, germs and dust mites are deprived of their
nutrients and can no longer proliferate.
- durable protection against dust mites
- durable antimicrobial finish
- prevents microbial caused odours, discolouration and felting
- safe hygiene
- provides high comfort
- accepted by Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class IV (ed. 01/2002, ©Oeko-Tex, Zurich)
Compostion: Preparation with isothiazolinone-compounds and
Commercial Form: Available in 50 kg drums.
pH Value: 6.0 - 8.0 (5 % aqueous solution)
Density at 20°C: 1.02 - 1.06 g/cm3
Flashpoint: >100°C (Pensky-Martens Automatic, PMA-2, DIN 51758).
Appearance: Clear yellowish liquid.
Solubility: Dispersible in water.
Fastness: Product should be reapplied after 2 commercial cleans. No
effect on handle and electrostatic charge. Fastness of
formulations with other textile chemicals should be tested
Temperature Stability: Drying/fixing: up to 130°C
Skin tolerance: The commercial liquid form irritates eyes and skin (wear
gloves and eye protection). Treated material: excellent skin
Oeko-Tex Standard 100: Accepted by Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class IV (ed. 1/2002,
Spray application: The product can only be sprayed in diluted form (at least 1:9 with water). Spray applications have to comply with occupational health requirements. The goods are dried without any further rinses. The drying temperature should be kept as low as possible.
1 litre of ready-to-use solution will treat 11 square metres.
In order to check the antimicrobial and acarostatic effectiveness on the treated textiles,
the following test methods are recommended:
-Agar-diffusion method: bacteria, fungi
-Heat escape method: dust mites
Storage and Handling:
Storage stability: 12 months from delivery in original sealed containers.
Temperature stability: Sensitive to heat and frost. Do not expose to direct sunlight.